The Fund is directed by a Board of Commissioners composed of:
- The Governor of Georgia (or the Governor's designee);
- an appointee of the Governor who is not the Attorney General;
- the State Insurance Commissioner (or the Commissioner's designee); and
- members of the Fund who are either active or retired peace officers appointed by the Governor representing:
- County, and
- Municipal Agencies
- A Secretary-Treasurer is appointed by the Board of Commissioners and serves at the pleasure of the Board.