Request a Refund of Dues

Refund of Overpayment

If a member overpays their dues, they may request to receive a 100% refund this money by submitting an Download this pdf file. Overpayment Refund Request Form .

Refund of Contributions 

Before retirement, a member may withdraw their membership and request to receive a 95% refund of all dues paid into the Fund. Any interest or penalties paid are not refundable. There are two types of 95% refunds of which you should be informed:

  • If you take a refund while currently employed as a Peace Officer, you will not be eligible for active membership in the fund for 6 months after the refund. If you are to rejoin, any service credit accrued during the previous stint of active membership is forfeited.
  • If you take a refund while NOT currently employed as a Peace Officer, you are eligible to re-apply at any time. You may reclaim prior service (must be repaid [with interest] within 8 months of reemployment. Otherwise, the member may re-apply at any time, but the previous service is forfeited.

To request a refund, please complete these steps:

Step 1) Download, complete, and return the Refund Request Form. Be aware this form must be notarized to be valid.

Step 2) The Certification By Employing Agency Form (download below) must be completed and signed by an authorized representative of your personnel department and notarized. 

The Fund processes refunds upon receipt of the above requirements (approximately 7 to 10 business days).

Download this pdf file. Refund Request for General Law Enforcement

Download this pdf file. Refund Request for Corrections & Community Supervision Officers